Thursday, March 17, 2016

What To Look For When Reading Strata Documents

 

Am I Supposed To Read The Strata Documents When I Buy A Condo?

Rental Disclosure Statement, Form B, Strata Plan, what’s that?

Are you confused with all the documents and just want someone to tell you what to look for?

 

When I first entered the real estate industry, I quickly realized that there’s a tonne of reading to go through when it comes to strata documents.  After doing this for years and reading hundreds of pages of meeting minutes, depreciation reports, strata plans, rental disclosure statements, Form B’s, bylaws, engineering reports, etc… it’s become pretty standard for me to go through the documents.  

However, I can only imagine how my clients feel when I email them the stack of documents.  

 

What is this?

I’ve to read ALL THIS???

What do I have to look for?

I don’t know what they’re talking about.

 

That’s why you have a Realtor to help you.  You are responsible for reading the strata documents and if you don’t understand any parts of it, you ask your Realtor who SHOULD HAVE read the documents as well.  I don’t know about others, but I ALWAYS read the strata documents.  I hear from clients who’ve worked with other Realtors that many don’t read the strata documents and that’s unfortunate.  

The post What To Look For When Reading Strata Documents appeared first on Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC.



from Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC http://ift.tt/1nSBKPU

No comments:

Post a Comment