Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Buying Real Estate IS NOT LIKE Buying At The Bay

 

 

The phrase I always hear from people looking to buy real estate is, 

 

I Want A Bargain!

 

When I first entered the real estate industry, a colleague of mine told me.  “Gary, buying real estate is not like buying at The Bay”

I said, “What?  What do you mean?”

He continued, “You know how you go to The Bay and you’re looking to buy a $100 shirt and because it’s Bay Day, you get 30% off.  Then when you sign up for their Bay card, you get another 15% off, then there’s a scratch and save and you get an additional 25% off, and by the end of the day, you end buying the $100 shirt for $20?”

“Yah, it’s such a great deal eh?”, I replied.

“That DOES NOT happen in real estate.”  He emphasized, “But people seem to think buying houses are like that, they want 30 – 50% or more off of the purchase price and it’s ridiculous.”

I learned something that day.  The public doesn’t know how it works in the real estate industry.  They think they know, but they don’t.  

 

Then how do I know how much I can sell my home for?

 

For sellers, you talk to a Realtor who knows the market (balanced, buyer’s or seller’s market), knows the comps in the area and has a general forecast of where the market is heading in the short term.  

The post Buying Real Estate IS NOT LIKE Buying At The Bay appeared first on Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC.



from Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC http://ift.tt/1ssG7UE

No comments:

Post a Comment