Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Biggest Mistake In Real Estate Negotiations

 

I know what you’re thinking when it comes to negotiating real estate:  

 

I Want A Great Deal!

I Want A Win/Win Situation

I’m A Reasonable Person

 

But in reality, when I work with sellers and buyers, their actions show more like:

 

Take This Lowball!

I Want A Win/Lose Deal, I Win, You Lose!

My Price Isn’t Overpriced, It’s Reasonable!

 

The problem is, most buyers and sellers think they are reasonable, but when they stand in the position of the other party, they’d probably think differently.  

Buying or selling real estate is often an emotional process for people and that’s why Realtors are there to offer an unbiased opinion on the situation.  I am often able to see both sides of the equation through my interaction with my client and the other party.  I educate and advise, and then it’s up to my clients to decide how they want to proceed.  Sometimes they listen to me, sometimes they don’t.

 

The #1 one thing I thing I tell my clients to watch out for real estate negotiations is to not piss off the other party.  If I’m representing a buyer, if there’s not much competition, sometimes I would advise to write a low offer, but not something so low that would piss off the seller.  

The post The Biggest Mistake In Real Estate Negotiations appeared first on Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC.



from Gary Wong Realty Vancouver, BC http://ift.tt/1rF1OAO

No comments:

Post a Comment