Friday, October 30, 2015

Royals upset at Syndergaard’s first pitch

The Royals are upset with Noah Syndergaard after his first pitch of Game 3 was up and in at Alcides Escobar.

Syndergaard’s first pitch of the game was a 98 mph fastball up near Escobar’s head, knocking him to the ground in the first inning. Kansas City’s Mike Moustakas was seen shouting expletives at Syndergaard from the dugout after the pitch.

“Everyone is upset about it,” Eric Hosmer said (Oct. 31). “You don’t want a teammate have his head thrown at, so everybody is upset.”

Added Alex Rios: “I thought it was weak. Very weak. I thought it was unprofessional” (Oct. 31).

Syndergaard’s response to the Royals: “If they have a problem with me throwing inside, they can meet me 60 feet 6 inches away” (Oct. 31).

He added: “I think it made a statement” (Oct. 31).

Syndrgaard was asked on Thursday how he planned to approach Escobar, who had swung at the first pitch of his at-bats eight of 12 times in the series.

“I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I’ll be able to break out tomorrow night,” Syndergaard said. “I’m looking forward to it.”

After the game, Sydergaard was asked about his aggressive approach.

“That’s my plate out there, not theirs,” Syndergaard told SNY’s Steve Gelbs.


Comment


from Metsblog http://ift.tt/1NHim0M

No comments:

Post a Comment