Friday, October 30, 2015

‘Ya Gotta Believe!’ so I’m still confident

Matthew Cerrone
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | About Me

The Mets are down 0-2, but I’m confident they can get this series back to Kansas City.

For starters, while no one year has anything to do with the other, the 1986 Mets taught me to always believe. Sure, it may take a miracle moment, like a ground ball through the first baseman’s legs, but, the point is, anything is possible. It may not be probable, given that the last nine teams down 0-2 lost the World Series, but it’s still possible.

I also trust Noah Syndergaard, who I have no doubt will be focused and rock solid. How will Kansas City handle his fastball, given that they’ve hit everyone else’s? I don’t know. But, I believe he’s going to pitch inside and bring his A game, which is a bet I’m willing to make every time out, I don’t care who is in the batter’s box. For whatever reason, Matt Harvey and Jacob deGrom let Kansas City’s reputation dictate their game. I suspect Dan Warthen noticed this, and will redirect Syndergaard, who loves nothing more than to bring the heat.

Lastly, with an erratic pitcher and in their home ballpark, with last licks, their batter’s eye, background and energy surrounding them, I expect Mets hitters will come alive tonight. The fact is, they just need to get the top of the order moving, because Lucas Duda has shown he has his timing back. I am worried about Yoenis Cespedes, because I suspect his shoulder is bugging him more than he’s letting on. But, he needs to be in there and the potential for power is always present. More than anyone, David Wright has to wake up and perform in the show he’s been waiting for his entire life, in front of his fans, in his house.

The Mets can win these two games. “Ya Gotta Believe,” but you always have to play better baseball, and I think the stage is primed for the Mets to do so tonight…


Comment


from Metsblog http://ift.tt/1WoQyRa

No comments:

Post a Comment